The UrbanSpace Meatpacking market closes on Sunday, 10/28/2012. Go this weekend!
860 Washington Street at 13th Street
Sunday-Thursday 11am-8pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-10pm
List of Vendors:
- 4Food: The midtown burger bar has six types of burgers available at the Meatpacking market. Each is made with 4Food’s signature (W)holeburgers, a doughnut-shaped patty using grass-fed beef from Hudson Valley Harvest. The unique shape allows the meat to be stuffed with different fillings and toppings: the Caliburger comes with avocado and chili mango while the Mac Daddy is filled with mac and cheese. Mac Daddy [will be featured] at the Market. It’s a juicy beef (W)holeburger stuffed with creamy Mac & Cheese, topped with crispy pancetta and housemade BBQ Sauce. (Source: NYDailyNews.com)
- Arancini Bros**: try the Ragu Arancini.
- Asia Dog****: If you like spicy food, try the Vinh and the Mash. If you don’t, try the Mel and Steve. They make their own kimchi.
- Brooklyn Soda
- Hot Blondies Bakery: Started by two (blonde) friends, Hot Blondies specializes in decadent baked goods, including blondies, brunettes, muffins, and their new “Treats” line, which showcases the deliciousness of breakfast cereals! Most popular is the Butterscotch White Chocolate Blondie. (Source: UrbanSpace Meatpacking Food)
- La Sonrisa Empanadas: best seller is the Beef Empanada. Also has creative flavors like Coconut Curry Chicken.
- Mayhem & Stout***: You choose a meat: Pork Shoulder or Short Rib & Brisket, or you can do half and half. Then choose a sauce: Maple Brown Sugar Sriracha, Golden BBQ, or The Dragon (Asian Style BBQ Sauce….although I didn’t really understand what made it taste Asian). Finally, choose an add-on: Fresh Scallion & Chive, Pickled Jalapeno & Daikon, Pickled Red Onions, or Cucumber Salad.
- Mighty Balls: favorite combos: Pork with Jalapeno Jelly, Beef with Tempting Tomato, and Veggie with African Onion. They now bottle their sauces for sale and were named one of the top street food vendors by Time Out New York in 2011.
- Momofuku Milk Bar****
- Nunu Chocolates****: best seller is the Salt Caramel. Their chocolate bar (I had the Roasted Almonds & Sea Salt) has a great smoky flavor and a good “snap”, along with just the perfect amount of sea salt. Their flagship store on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn sells their chocolates and beer/wine/lattes.
- Red Hook Lobster Pound
- Roberta’s Pizza****: They have a mobile wood-fired pizza oven on site.
- Sigmund’s Pretzels***: try the Garlic-Parsley, Feta-Olive, or Salted.
- SoBar: try the Fried Chicken Banh Mi.
- The Soft Serve Fruit Co: serves pretzel cones
- Steve’s Ice Cream****
- Stuffed Artisan Cannolis
- Wafels & Dinges***