18 Greenwich Ave
(between Charles St & 10th St)
New York, NY 10011
[Neighborhood: West Village]
Food: **** Out of 5 pastas on the menu, 2 were fresh homemade pastas. The orecchiette was awesome. The space is beautiful and rooftop garden was tiny (but awesome!) and definitely contributed to the experience.
- Orecchiette with braised greens, homemade sausage****1/2 – must order. The pasta is chewy and thick…tastes like mao er duo (cat’s ear’s noodles).
- Cavatelli with peas, mint, ricotta**** – must order
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts***1/2
Would have liked to order but did not have enough stomach space for:
- Housemade Mozzarella with Tuscan olive oil and basil
- Linguini with preserved lemon, pickled chili, parmigiano
- Foccacia di Recco filled with stracchino cheese
- Olive Oil Cake with whipped cream and blueberries
- Proprietor Carlos Suarez also owns Bobo, which is a super cozy and nummy restaurant located in a West Village townhouse.
- The chef, Wade Moises, worked at Babbo, Lupa, and Eataly under Mario Batali.
- Only serves beer and wine (40 bottles at $40).
The Rating System:
**** very good