Je & Jo****1/2
515 W 47th St
(between 10th and 11th Ave)
New York, NY 10036
[Neighborhoods: Hell’s Kitchen, Midtown West]
Food: ****1/2 I’ve been infamously known to eat store-bought raw cookie dough straight from the packet. This was the perfect combo for me in that all their ice cream are paired with cookie dough (no raw eggs). Everything is homemade and you can really taste the fresh seasonal ingredients/nuts.
- Roasted Pumpkin Ice Cream with Ginger Molasses Cookie Dough**** – must order.
- Roasted Fig Ice Cream with Pecan Sandie Cookie Dough****1/2 – must order. You can taste the fig seeds and chopped up pecans.
- Nutella Ice Cream with Hazelnut Shortbread Cookie Dough****1/2 – must order. You can definitely taste the nutella flavor as well as the chopped up hazelnuts. They have this flavor year-round.
- Honey Vanilla Ice Cream with Salted Rosemary Shortbread Cookie Dough***1/2
Would have liked to order but did not have enough stomach space for:
- Cardamom Ice Cream with Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough – best seller
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough – best seller
- Rum Roasted Pear Ice Cream with Candied Ginger Shortbread Cookie Dough
- Their flavors change seasonally. The year-round flavors are: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookie Dough, and Nutella Ice Cream with Hazelnut Shortbread Cookie Dough.
- Serves Cafe Grumpy coffee.
- Provides spoons to use for stirring in milk and sugar for your coffee. Eco-friendliness makes me very happy.
- All of [their] pairings are served in a 4 oz. compostable sugarcane fiber cup, with an old-school pull tab lid, and a small wooden stick for a spoon. [They] pedal them around the city on tricycles, and purchase wind power for [their] kitchen. (Source: Je and Jo)
The Rating System:
**** very good