I am always interested in hearing where mixologists recommend for good cocktail bars. Jonathan shared some good spots with us:
(Pictures from NYMag)
- The Empire Room* – 350 Fifth Ave (between 33rd and 34th Sts)
- Bookmarks Lounge* – 299 Madison Ave, 14th Floor at 41st Street
- World Bar* – 845 United Nations Plz (between 47th and 48th Sts)
- The Campbell Apartment – 15 Vanderbilt Ave (between 42nd St & 43rd St)
- Pegu Club** – 77 W Houston St (between W Broadway and Wooster)
- Flatiron Lounge** – 37 W 19th St (between Avenue Of The Americas & 5th Ave) – owners (Alex Kay and Kristina Kossi) also own Zinc Bar.
- Death & Co. – 433 E 6th St (between Avenue A & 1st Ave)
- PDT – 113 St. Marks Pl (between 1st Ave & Avenue A) – Accessed through a vintage phone booth within Crif Dogs, PDT (short for Please Don’t Tell). Patrons can order food from Crif’s kitchen next door. (Source: NYMag)
- Milk & Honey
- Employees Only – 510 Hudson St (between 10th St & Christopher St) – good food
- Clover Club**
* Owned by Hospitality Holdings.
** Owned or co-owned by Julie Reiner. Julie moved to Manhattan from San Francisco, where she started her bartending career and was mentored by bartender Linda Fusco of the Red Room. In 1997, she became the bar manager of the C3 Lounge in the Washington Square Hotel and began creating seasonal menus and taking a culinary approach to cocktails. It’s possible that Reiner was the first bartender in the modern age to use tea in cocktails. (Source: Liquor.com)