31 Greenpoint Ave
(at West St)
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Food: ****1/2 (the decor is lovely, makes me really happy when I’m inside)
- Salted Peanut Butter cookie****
- Pistachio Agave cookie****
- Salted Chocolate Chip cookie**** – voted best new baked good in New York by Eater
Wish I ordered but did not have enough stomach space for:
- The 2 owners/bakers met at a food-focused book club and started their business in the fall of 2010. They opened their Greenpoint bakery in the summer of 2012.
- Their focus is on pastries and bar snacks. (Source: thekitchn.com)
- I first had their apricot thyme scone at Foragers City Grocer (one of my favorite grocery stores) in Dumbo. They do the savory sweet combo very well.
- I was told that their fresh Brooklyn Barn almond milk is tres delicieux. However, they ran out of it on the day I went (I got there at 11 am!) . Make sure you call ahead if you want to try this magic milk.
- Try out a Hollywood Stunts class if you’re in the neighb (it’s less than a 5 min walk) and also eat at Paulie Gee’s (they open at 5 pm on Sundays, 6 pm all other days except for Monday when they’re closed).
The Rating System: